Servicing and MOT
Book your service with Perrys
Ask for a quote today!
Did you know? The cost of a service at Perrys is actually in line with the prices you pay at a local ‘fast fit’. So it stands to reason that choosing a franchised dealer will mean that you’ll get a great deal more when it comes to service and quality.
Ask us for a quote today by calling or click 'Get a quote'!
Book your MOT test at Perrys
All makes and models - just £39
Booking your MOT test at Perrys couldn't be simpler. Book Online, ask a question or call us on the number provided.
We can carry out any repairs on the same day and we'll always seek your authorisation before proceeding with any work. Additionally, we offer a free retest for up to 10 working days from the date of a failed test.
We're the award-winning national dealership group, Perrys Motor Sales Limited. We represent some of the United Kingdom’s most popular car and van brands across more than 50 dealerships nationwide.
Established in 1908 selling motor accessories in Finchley, we now employ more than 1900 people with an annual turnover in excess of £700 million.
Why choose Perrys for your car servicing?
- All makes & models serviced
- Courtesy cars available*
- Guaranteed parts and labour
- Appointments are available 6 days a week - drop in's welcome!
- Great deals when you enquire online
- Manufacturers Warranty Protected
- Manufacturer Trained Technicians
So why book your MOT at Perrys?
- Courtesy vehicles
- Any repair costs given upfront
- Free collection and delivery from your home or workplace
- Our skilled technicians are manufacturer trained to the highest standards
- Latest diagnostic equipment approved by manufacturers
- Official manufacturer approved parts
- Free vehicle health check included with every MOT
What makes & models do you service?
We service all makes and models...
...at any of our 40+ dealerships nationwide. This does not invalidate your vehicles warranty at all. This is because our dealerships undertake all services in accordance with the Vehicle Assembler's servicing schedules and only use parts manufactured to Original Equipment (OE) quality.
We use high quality parts
As a franchised dealership group, we wouldn't think twice about using anything less when it comes to servicing your car. That doesn't mean that the price of the service is affected either. As one of the UK’s largest dealer groups, we have excellent purchasing advantages, which allows us to keep your costs low, but your quality high!
We either use genuine parts (You can purchase parts separately at our exclusive online only prices here), or we use parts manufactured to Original Equipment (OE) quality from some of the world’s most well-known brands - which means that your manufacturer's warranty is protected.
If I book my service with Perrys, will my manufacturer warranty be invalidated?
No. We carry out all services in accordance with the Vehicle Assembler's servicing schedules.
The parts we use on your vehicle will be official, genuine parts, parts manufactured to Original Equipment (OE) quality - which means that your manufacturer's warranty is protected.
For example: If you have a Ford which is still protected by the manufacturer's warranty and you choose to book your service at one of our Vauxhall dealerships, we will use Ford parts or parts manufactured to Original Equipment (OE) quality. Which means that under UK law, your vehicle will still remain within warranty.
You will not invalidate your warranty as long as the above is followed.
For further information on our other after care products and services, visit this page: Servicing, MOT, tyres & repairs.
Car servicing at Perrys
Whether you require a major service or just a simple oil change, Perrys can cater for your car servicing needs.
Did you know? The cost of a service at Perrys is in line with the prices you pay at a local ‘fast fit’. So it stands to reason that choosing a franchised dealer will mean that you’ll get a great deal more. With Perrys, we don’t ‘fast fit’ – we use care and attention to ensure that you receive the right fix, at the right price, first time around.
Our time-served technicians are:
- Manufacturer trained on all makes and models.
- Use the very latest diagnostic equipment and technology.
- approved by some of the most well loved car brands in the United Kingdom.
Along with the fantastic benefits you receive when you choose Perrys for your next full car service – our work is guaranteed, and you can be safe in the knowledge that we use trusted and official parts. With guaranteed parts and labour, you can rest easy.
All of our after care departments nationwide are approved by the government appointed body: Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DSA formerly known as VOSA).
Our appointments are available 6 days a week – but, if you prefer to drop in then that’s fine by us too! Take advantage of our complimentary services and let our team take care of the rest – just sit back and have a coffee!
What do you know about car servicing?
Depending on the age, make and model, there are many different vehicle service types. If you want to know more about your vehicle requirements, you can call us, email us – or take a look at our blog for more information: >
What type of service does my car need?
At Perrys, we will always offer you a service quote specific to your car or van as the manufacturer service schedule will often vary depending on your vehicles age, mileage and the model. We offer a full breakdown of costs on our invoices and this includes VAT.
Why do you need to service your car?
Good quality car servicing is an important factor in maximising the lifespan and performance of your car. It also helps towards the resale value of your vehicle as well as being a key way to identify faults before they develop into more serious problems.
Servicing your car will help to:
- Save you money – prevent un expected breakdowns
- Increase you vehicles all round safety
- Keep you vehicle inline with the legal requirements
- Increase your vehicles ‘miles per gallon’ (i.e. use less fuel)
In short, the more extensive the service products available, the more parts and components will be checked.
Parts guarantee | terms & conditions
We guarantee all our work and parts...
...for 12 months. Except in cases where the part's failure is caused by a fault that is caused by, or related to another, uncovered part.
As you might expect, one of the major benefits of choosing a long-established franchised dealer groups for your servicing, is that our work is of the highest quality – and guaranteed.
We understand that getting your vehicle serviced can be daunting, but be assured, if you’re with Perrys, you’re in safe hands. We’ve been established since 1908 – which means a lot of people trust us. We now represent 16 of the UK’s leading car and van brands across the country. We are one of the largest dealer groups in the UK and we’re proud to be a member of the NFDA (National Franchised Dealers Association) who ensure that we stick to providing high levels of after care as part of our association.
For more information about Perrys, visit our home page: Perrys.co.uk
*Terms & Conditions:
Vehicles must be 38 months or older. Prices may vary depending on make and model. Any prices advertised are for most 2.0 litre vehicles or smaller. There is an additional cost for 2.2 litre vehicles or greater.
Oil change information | Upgrade or replacement
What type of oil do Perrys use?
We service all makes and models at each one of our 40+ dealership locations, which means that we need to keep a range of high quality oils in stock at any one time.
With the ever-growing list of specialist oils required for the many engines available these days, our experienced technicians keep up to date on which models require which oils. We can ensure that your vehicle receives the best quality oil to look after your engine, prolong its life and run as efficiently as possible. As one of the UK’s longest-established franchise dealer groups, we have acquired a range of official suppliers such as; Shell, etc, etc.
The importance of good oil
Oil lubricates and protects the vehicles engine. It also aids your engines fuel efficiency, increases life span and helps to get the maximum performance and power from your vehicle – so it’s important to ensure you are using the right oil in the right engine.
One of the most important things you cad do to prolong the life and performance of your car is to have an oil and filter change once a year or between 6,000 and 12,000 miles.
Changing the engine oil will reduce the chances of wear and tear on the engine. The oil filter should be changed too, because oil contains dirt and particles that are unhelpful to the overall performance of your engine and can also clog up your filters causing further damage.
Our after care promise
We’re a member of the NFDA (National Franchise Dealers Association) & Part of the Trusted Dealers network.
What does that mean to you?
It’s great news for you, because as part of our membership we have to agree to very tight standards when it comes to your experience with any of our dealerships. Whilst the standards are second nature to us, they are also added peace of mind for you when you’re wondering what to expect from us when dealing with us for the first time.
Our promise to our customers
As a member of the National Franchised Dealers Association (NFDA) we commit to these Aftersales Standards to give you confidence when using our services. Our businesses employ expert technicians for the brands we represent. Our businesses use manufacturer-approved equipment, original parts or those which match or exceed manufacturer specifications and bespoke facilities operating to high standards of comfort, cleanliness and environmental compliance. We are committed to competitive pricing and always strive to ensure that we repair your vehicle to a high standard at the first time of asking. In short, our focus is on offering the right repair first time round by brand experts at a competitive price. We employ the best staff who are technically proficient, properly trained and passionate about customer service and passenger safety in whom you can trust. All NFDA members are committed to these Aftersales Standards as professional manufacturer-approved main dealers.
1. Staff training
All staff will be trained to a high standard and able to assist and communicate with customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner, adopting the principles of good practice and treating customers fairly at all times.
2. Communicating with customers
- We will communicate in plain language and avoid jargon.
- We will agree and use your preferred communication method via email, text or telephone.
- Whilst your vehicle is with us, we will keep you informed of progress of the repair or service; if any additional work is required; or there are any potential delays in completing the job, you will be notified by the agreed communication channel.
- We will do our utmost to minimise inconvenience for you.
- You will be given the opportunity to give feedback which will be used by us to improve future standards.
- We will dedicate individual time to you when you drop off and collect your vehicle to fully understand your needs and expectations and, after completion of the work, we will explain the work we have done.
- An appropriate member of the team will be available to talk to you about the work on your vehicle.
3. Quotation and booking in process
- Our staff will communicate clearly to customers, avoid technical jargon and give a full explanation of work to be carried out.
- Quotations for work will include all labour charges, parts, sundries and VAT.
- We will offer you a range of appointment times, including while you wait servicing where practicable.
- We will ask you to authorise all work. For any additional work required, you will be contacted for further authorisation.
- We will offer clear and firm quotations for work to be carried out, but in the unlikely event that a price cannot be guaranteed due to further work or diagnosis being needed, an estimate will be given. Limits of authorisation will be clearly established and agreed prior to any work being carried out. If further work is found to be required, you will be contacted for authorisation.
- We will try to ensure that any inconvenience to you is minimised for example, by offering alternative transport where practicable, which may include courtesy vehicles, collection, delivery and ‘while you wait’ services.
- We will inform you of the methods of payment accepted.
4. Workshop practices and process
- We will supply parts that satisfy the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications. If not readily available in stock, such parts will be ordered promptly to alleviate customer delays.
- If we offer you an alternative to a vehicle manufacturer sourced or approved part, such alternative part (as identified on the invoice) will only be used with your agreement. In any event, you will have the reassurance of knowing that the part will always conform to the appropriate technical specification for your vehicle.
- Qualified technicians will be available to offer advice and road test the vehicle with you (where appropriate) to aid your understanding and help an accurate diagnosis of a reported fault.
- Any additional work identified whilst carrying out agreed repairs will be notified to you and you will be asked to authorise this additional work.
- We will warrant all service and repair work for a minimum of 12 months following the repair.
- Replaced parts (or photographic evidence of the same) will be made available to you for inspection when the vehicle is collected where you have requested this facility beforehand.
- All servicing and repairs will be carried out in line with manufacturer technical specifications unless otherwise advised.
- We will use oils and lubricants that are correct for the vehicle specification.
- We will, whenever reasonably possible, advise you how long the work will take to carry out and will inform you if there is any delay.
- We will, as part of any inspection of your vehicle, inform you of any safety-related warranty work and safety recalls that may be required and these will be carried out free of charge.
- We will, as part of any inspection of your vehicle, inform you of any technical updates that may be required.
- Protective coverings will be used to ensure that your vehicle is kept clean whilst it is in our care.
- All franchised dealers will have a quality control process in place to check the quality of the work carried out on your vehicle.
- Our workshops will have manufacturer-supplied equipment and specialist tools to allow us to complete work as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
5. Complimentary customer services
- We will offer a range of courtesy services which may include ‘while you wait’ appointments, complimentary WIFI, courtesy vehicles, a delivery and collection service, customer drop-offs and onward transportation.
- You can expect a clean and comfortable waiting environment in our dealerships with complimentary refreshments - courtesy vehicles used by customers will typically be current models.
- Courtesy vehicles will be checked regularly to ensure good mechanical condition and will be cleaned regularly.
- When required, customers using a courtesy vehicle will be asked to provide a copy of their driving licence and insurance details.
- Any charges for courtesy vehicles or insurance requirements will be made clear to you at the time of booking.
- Where reasonably practicable, we will offer a courtesy wash and vac as part of our service to you.
6. Collection and invoicing
- You will be informed of all the work carried out on your vehicle including what replacement parts were used, any work carried out under warranty free of charge and any relevant manufacturer software updates.
- All invoices will be fully itemised and explained to you. Service schedule reports and health check reports will also be provided where appropriate.
- As part of our customer commitment to you, you will be informed of any operating or safety implications of not having work carried out that has been identified as necessary.
- Only work authorised by you or subject to the agreed quotation will be charged for.
- We will clearly display the forms of payment that are accepted by the dealership.
- Full records of all service work carried out will be kept by the dealership supporting the validity of any vehicle manufacturer or other warranty you may have.
- In order to help improve the desirability and re-sale value of the vehicle, the service book or digital record will be stamped or authenticated by us, as appropriate.
7. Customer complaints
- We have an effective and robust complaints handling procedure and, with this in mind, we will:
- Promptly record and acknowledge your complaint.
- Ensure your complaint is handled professionally by dealer staff and management who have a clear understanding of our complaints procedure and are trained to assist you.
- Agree with you a timescale to resolve the complaint.
- Agree with you the method to resolve the complaint.
- Record the outcome of your complaint and implement any agreed remedial action swiftly.
- Where a complaint has been raised via an external body, such as Trading Standards, we will correspond with that body in a timely and professional manner.
- If a complaint cannot be resolved at the dealership we will refer you to the RMI National Conciliation and Arbitration Service. This service can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed price service plan | From £12.50
Fixed price servicing from £12.50 a month
You can spread the cost of your servicing into more manageable payments - and there’s no chance of it rising – they’re fixed from the moment you take out the plan! Payments start from as little as £12.50 per month: ask for more information today or visit the Fixed Contract Service Maintenance Plan Page for more information.
Most people don’t pay their household gas and electricity in one lump sum. So in some ways, paying for your car servicing in this way might not fit in with the way you like to budget. That’s where Perrys Fixed Price Service plan comes in handy! We’ll give you a quote based on the amount of years you want the cover to… well, cover.
Take out the plan at any time.
You can take out the Fixed Price Service Plan at any time during the ownership of your car and if you decide to change your car before the end of the plan, you can transfer it onto a new plan for your nice new vehicle.
MOT prices and how do I book?
Our cost for an MOT is £39
...for any make and model car or van, which includes a courtesy car if required*
How to book
You can book using the form on this page, or if you have a question, go ahead and ask!
*Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.
What do you check?
Here are the main components we check during your MOT test:
Wheels and tyres
Testers will check that tyres meet the speed and load rating requirements for the vehicle. They will inspect the tread depth of each tyre (1.6mm legal limit) and check for any damage such as bulges or tears. Wheels will be inspected to make sure they are the correct size and in good condition.
Learn how you can check your tyres before your MOT by viewing our https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5VQAXyDWBo video
Our vehicle testers will inspect the steering components for any sign of wear or damage.
The overall brake condition will be checked. Performance and operation tests will be also be carried out to test overall efficiency.
The condition of the suspension components will be checked for any fractures and corrosion. Operational checks will be carried out to check for any distortion.
An inspection of the fuel system is carried out to check for any leaks. The tank fuel cap is tested to make sure it operates correctly and fastens securely.
Exhaust emission levels are measured to ensure they fall within specific emission guidelines. The exhaust is inspected to make sure it is securely fixed and that there are no leaks.
The vehicle bodywork and structure is checked for any excessive corrosion and sharp edges that may cause harm.
Doors will be tested to make sure they open and close securely and can be opened from both the inside and outside.
The position and condition of all mirrors are checked plus security tests carried out. Mirrors need to provide sufficient views to the sides and rear of the vehicle.
The windscreen is tested for any chips and cracks that could affect safety, security and vision.
Windscreen Wipers need to operate correctly and cover enough of the screen so that driver’s vision is sufficient.
VIN and Registration Plate
The VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is checked to make sure it is clearly displayed on the body or chassis. A Registration Plate will be checked to ensure it is securely fixed, in good condition and the characters are clearly legible from a minimum of 20 metres.
Lights need to show the correct colour, aim in the correct position, function correctly and be in good condition.
The operation and efficiency of the vehicle horn will be tested.
The security of the front seats are checked.
The condition and security of seatbelts are checked as well as an operational test.
For full information on the test download the VOSA MOT Testing Guide click here to download the MOT Testing Guide.
Checks you can make before your MOT
It’s a good idea to check certain components such as tyres and lights before your MOT to give it the best chance of passing
How to check your car before your MOT
Take a look at our guide to Checking your car pre-MOT
What happens if my car fails the MOT?
We won't proceed with work without your permission...
If your vehicle fails, you will be informed of the repairs and costs required to pass a retest. You can then decide if you would like Perrys to carry out the repairs on the same day.
If you have booked your MOT in advance and it fails, you are still legally allowed to drive your vehicle until the MOT expires. However we would always advise you have your vehicle repaired for safety reasons before you drive away.
You may find that most MOT Centres offer a free re-test providing the vehicle is returned within 1 working day. However at Perrys, we offer a free retest for up to 10 working days from the date of the failed test.
How do I book a Service with my MOT?
Book together - save money!
Ask us about booking your service with your MOT - prices are competitive, just click here to find out more: Book a Car Service & MOT together
What is an MOT test?
The MOT test (Ministry of transport test)
...is a set of checks carried out to ensure your vehicle meets basic safety requirements to remain road worthy.
It's required for vehicles over 3 years old!
Once a vehicle is over 3 years old, it is a legal requirement that an MOT test is carried out once a year. It's very important to have a valid MOT certificate, as without one your car tax and insurance may become invalidated.
For more information - go to the official UK Government website: gov.uk/getting-an-mot/the-mot-test
How do I find out when my MOT is due?
Cars – Up to 3 Years old
You can find out the exact date your MOT is due by checking your vehicle registration document (V5C document). The date the car was first registered is the date the MOT is due, but 3 years later. For example, if your car was first registered on 1st September 2011, the car’s first MOT test will be due by 1st September 2014.
Cars over 3 Years old
You can check the expiry date of your current MOT by checking your last MOT certificate (VT20 certificate).
What if I don’t have my last MOT certificate?
The DVLA have an online service to find out when you MOT is due. All you need to do is enter your registration number and the make of your vehicle on this website: Click here
When is the earliest I can book my MOT?
You can book your MOT up to 1 month before the expiration of your current certificate. The expiration date of your current MOT will still be preserved. For example, if your MOT is due on 30th June but your MOT is carried out on 1st June, then your next MOT will still be due on 30th June the following year.
* Required field
Complete this form and we will come back to you with a full quotation shortly.
Book a service | No payment required | No commitment